Monday 6 June 2011

Ants: Natures six legged Ant-like creatures.

or The Public Life of Ants

 Last weekend I found myself with a few extra spare hours and some graph paper so I done what any sensible person would do and commenced a study called 'Ants at Work and Play' and I think you'll be surprised at the data I've compiled. It will possibly change your opinion somewhat about our future masters, that is when a combination of increased Uv radiation and greenhouse gases cause them to grow to over a metre, but I digress, here's what I found out:

1. The Entertainers  - Ants can lift 10-50 times their body weight but rarely do, quite often they just grab a dry leaf that only looks heavy as they strut around looking smug to passing Beetles.

2. Pass the Parcel - A good percentage of Ants will run backwards and forwards through the column passing the same twig between their workmates accomplishing nothing, these are the bureaucrats of Ant society.

3. Law and Order - Soldier Ants protect the colony and provide O, H and S and can often be heard yelling things like '' Walk! Don't run with that sharp seed'' , ''Brush those antennae!'' or ''Move along, move along''.
   
   Hopefully we can all take something away from this even if it's that Ants have speech next week 'The Bloodhound - What so sad?'. 

No comments:

Post a Comment